Needle Felting Basics for Beginners

| On
Sunday 10 March 2013

This is a easy to understand video showing the basic supplies and materials for needle felting with a step-to-step simple project to make!




Just one thing, never cut your wool! I forgot to mention it in the video, but when you pull your wool from your sliver don't cut it with a scissor. This will prevent the fiber ends to felt and keep it's natural texture. When I first started needle felting it took me a while to understand what is a 'finished product', I was worried about the fibers because they look very flurry and they are sticking out on the surface. In this video I introduced a 'squeeze test', so if you feel the object is getting tensed up and your felting needle gets hard to poke through, it that means the object is very well felted. That way you don't have to worry about what is a 'finished' needle felting project. However, it depends on your preference, if you prefer to be soft, then you don't have to felt as much. But I find it if I felt it really well I will get less fibres on the surface. Good luck! 

Here are more links to my needle felting tutorials~ 

Happy crafting,
Lisa

4 comments on "Needle Felting Basics for Beginners"
  1. Oh thank you so much for the tutorials! Your blog, works of art, and tutorials are lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete